Learn More About LEDs How LED works Ways you can use LED lights
How to choose your LED products LED vs CFL vs Incandescent
Why Use LED?
Light emitting diodes (LEDs) in the past were mainly used for circuit boards. Nowadays, LED lighting technology is has improved significantly in the past two decade and are now brighter and cheaper to produce. This has led to a more mainstream use in commercial, architectural or even residential. Your average incandescent light bulb only lasts about 5000 hours whereas LED lamps average 100,000 hours, that is equivalent to over 10 years of continuous usage
Nowadays, its improvement in brightness and production costs Benefits of LED Technology
- Longer life span
- LED gets up to 50,000-100,000 hours vs 5000 hours with incandescent bulbs
- Cut the cost of maintenance and eliminate routine bulb replacement
- This would be especially beneficial for a large office building or a large area.
- Power consumption is reduced.
- LEDs can be up to 80% efficient compared to incandescent bulbs which are only about 20% efficient.
- Use only 2-10 watts of electricity (1/3rd to 1/30th of Incandescent or CFL)
- Decrease of electric costs
- Environmentally friendly
- Contains no lead or mercury or any environmentally hazardous substances
- Can withstand vibration
- No fragile filaments that would break from being shaken
- Different colors available
- Broad range voltage applications
- Faster response time, switches on instantly
- Compact and in small sizes